Atlanta Bicycle Accident Attorney
At Piasta Walker Hagenbush, LLC, we are known as Atlanta’s preeminent bicycle accident lawyers, we have extensive experience fighting for cases like yours. If you’ve been the victim or lost a loved one to a bicycle accident, you could be entitled to compensation to cover medical or burial expenses.
Whether a motorist struck you or you fell victim to a city or county roadway defect, the team at Piasta Walker Hagenbush, LLC, is committed to representing your cycling case as dedicated advocates serving Atlanta and the entirety of Fulton county.
Unlike other Atlanta bicycle accident attorneys, we aren’t afraid to bring your case to trial. At Piasta Walker Hagenbush, LLC, we’re confident in our abilities to get the verdict you seek, bringing justice to you and others in your life.
To get started, contact our Atlanta personal injury lawyers today for your free consultation.
Why Choose Us for Your Bicycle Accident Attorneys in Atlanta?
The attorneys at Piasta Walker Hagenbush, LLC, have a long history of dedicated legal advocacy for injured clients, including bicyclists harmed by negligent drivers. Our track record of success will put a powerful voice behind your claim. We offer skilled legal counsel and representation. Our bicycle accident lawyers in Atlanta:
- Offer free consultations and contingency-based fees so you pay nothing until we win your case
- Take a results-oriented approach to negotiate for the best possible settlement or take your case to court to secure a jury award to recover your compensation
- Are skilled investigators who will document evidence of the negligent actions that caused your accident and prove the at-fault party’s liability
- Carefully calculate damages so you miss no avenue for compensation available to you
Bicycle accidents can cause life-altering injuries with devasting physical and financial consequences. Those consequences are your “damages” in an injury claim. Even less serious injuries can quickly cause financial hardship with only a single missed paycheck. The compassionate attorneys at Piasta Walker Hagenbush, LLC, understand the impacts of a serious injury on an individual and their family. We are ready to help you with your claim so you can focus on healing.
What You Need to Know About Bicycle Accidents in Atlanta, GA
As a street-legal mode of transportation, bicycling offers a lot to families and individuals who need the transit method or enjoy the exercise. However, a lack of occupant protection for bicyclists paired with negligent drivers on the road can end in bicycle crashes, bicycle accident injuries, and even wrongful death.
The Governor’s Office of Highway Safety reports that:
- Annually between 2015-2019, there were at least 24 cyclist fatalities in traffic collisions
- Bike accident hospital-related charges top $17 million
- 67% of all bike accidents involving motor vehicles did not take place at intersections
Types of Damages You Can Receive Compensation For After a Bicycle Accident
If you or a loved one were in a bicycle collision, you might be eligible to receive economic or non-economic damages. The severity of the injury or if the collision was fatal will likely impact this compensation. Our wrongful death attorneys in Atlanta have the skills to help. Rest assured, we try to provide the most compensation for your pain and suffering as possible.
Common compensation for bicycle accident victims in Atlanta includes compensation for economic damages such as::
- Medical expenses
- Future medical expenses for further injury-related treatment
- Lost wages
- Future income loss
- Diminished future earning capacity due to disability caused by the accident
Bicycle victims also suffer serious non-economic damages and may recover compensation for the following intangible non-economic damages:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Scarring/disfigurement/limb loss
- Loss of enjoyment of life due to pain and/or disability
If a loved one died in a bicycle accident caused by someone else’s negligent actions, close family members may recover additional compensation including funeral expenses and lost wages and benefits for the number of years the deceased family member had left in the workplace had they not died from their injuries.
What To Do After A Bicycle Accident in Atlanta
Getting in a bicycle accident can be overwhelming. To protect your case and your livelihood, make sure to follow appropriate steps, such as:
- Preserve all evidence, including helmet, bike frame, and the clothes you wore
- If you or a companion or bystander are able, use a cell phone camera to take photos of the accident scene and injuries
- Add the contact information of the involved driver and any eyewitnesses to the accident
- Do not ever admit fault
- Call the police to report the crash
- Seek out a trusted personal injury attorney to protect you
- If you are physically injured, go to the doctor and get documented evidence of your injury
- Avoid making recorded statements to insurers
Of course, if you are incapacitated, these steps can serve as a guide for your family conducting affairs on your behalf.
Proving Liability in an Atlanta Bicycle Accident
In fault-based accident insurance states like Georgia, injury victims must prove the at-fault party’s careless or reckless actions caused their injury. An attorney from Piasta Walker Hagenbush, LLC, will diligently investigate your bicycle accident by examining the police report, photos from the scene, any traffic camera footage, and eyewitness testimony. They’ll document the evidence and prove the following legal points of liability:
- The at-fault party owed a duty of care to take reasonable measures to prevent causing injury to others on the road, including vulnerable cyclists
- They breached this duty through an act of negligence or reckless driving
- Their negligent breach of duty directly caused your injuries
- You suffered significant damages from the injury
Once your Atlanta accident attorney documents evidence and carefully calculates your damages to maximize the amount of compensation in your claim, they’ll send a demand package to the appropriate insurance company and begin negotiating a settlement.
Will I Have to Go to Court For a Bicycle Accident Claim in Atlanta?
Over 95% of bicycle accident claims settle out of court through negotiations and mediation with the attorneys for the defendant and the insurance adjuster assigned to the case. Only in cases of insurance companies that fail to offer an acceptable settlement amount or wrongfully deny a claim does the case go to court in a lawsuit. If this occurs, your case must go to court within Georgia’s two-year statute of limitations for personal injury claims.
Piasta Walker Hagenbush, LLC, is the Firm Dedicated to Protecting Atlanta Bicycle Accident Victims
With over $100 million in verdicts and settlements since 2021, Piasta Walker Hagenbush, LLC, gets Atlanta residents the compensation they deserve. Other firms will try everything to avoid a trial when it comes to bicycle accidents – not Piasta Walker Hagenbush, LLC.
Our bicycle accident lawyers in Atlanta don’t deal in volume, taking cases just for the sake of it. We only take cases we are confident we can win, and we’re confident we can win yours.
Contact us for your free, no-obligation consultation today. We’re ready to get to work.